Mommy funk

Lately, I have been feeling like I'm in a little "mommy funk."  All I do from the minute I wake until the minute I go to sleep is Mom stuff.  I think the hardest part is just no one to talk to and have adult time and lately my baby weight is getting on my nerves so I'm making an extra big push this month to get ready more, get out of the house more and get to the gym more.  We'll see how it goes.  It wouldn't be the first time I committed to these goals.  In other news, It is full on winter in Provo with lots of snow.  Noah actually loves playing in the snow.  We took him sledding behind the four-wheelers and he was brave enough to sled down the eight lane racer at Seven Peaks, which surprised me.  He is getting brave in his old age.  He is always such a trooper and never really complains, just enjoys whatever it is he is doing at the time.  Wish I could be more like him.  Isabella is still making me laugh every day.  She just keeps getting smarter and scarier at the same time.  She has figured out a whole bunch of tricks that scare me lately like climbing onto the couch and holding onto the back while trying to jump up and down.  She loves whipping off my glasses in the morning as soon as I pick her up out of the crib and, unlike Noah, loves the bath.  She could play in there all morning.  Although you have to watch her like a hawk because again, she tries to climb and reach and grab everything and when it's wet and slippery and hot water is involved she is a hazard.  She has moved onto more solid foods and loves eating.  Again, not like Noah.  To get anything she either does this high chipped chirp sound or a low grunting gremlin sound.  She got a case of her first stranger danger last week when my brother Kenny tried to hold her.  Other than that she usually will go to and play with anyone.  She still loves her hugs and snuggles and kisses and does a little cooing sound whenever she lays on you and cuddles.  I eat it up every time.  Noah is learning the do's and don'ts of a little baby. He generally couldn't be sweeter and actually, they are both the best and getting the other one to laugh.  The other day in the car, Noah was laughing hysterically due to a case of hiccups which got both of them giggling.  I wish I hadn't been driving so I could catch it on video.  Made me giggle myself.  I finally got their pictures taken in hopes of making a Christmas card so once they are edited I'll make sure to post them.  I feel so bad that I have been slacking in the picture taking department that I intend to make up for it over the holidays.  Sorry Noah and Isabella.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six months old

Clark Planetarium

Our Mall Routine