Christmas 2014

I'm just going to say it-I have the best life. This has been another year filled with happy memories and healthy, loving, and fulfilling times. I know I have done nothing to deserve such a life and can only hope its always this good. My kids are everything to me and I love to have a holiday to just enjoy time with them and have fun. This year was the Brintons turn for Christmas and grandma always goes above and beyond spoiling the kids. She was smart enough to get Drew and Noah the same things and it was so sweet because they were opening them side by side and Noah sees Drew opening what is basically the dream toy of his life (A pack of lighting McQueen race cars). Just as Noah spied them out of the corner of his eye his busy hands paused and I know the thought of "oh my gosh, those are so cool. I wish I got that toy!" ran through his mind. He controllingly held his thoughts to himself and looked back down at a box that had snowman craft stickers in it and said aloud "Look what I got!" showing everyone his not so exciting toy in comparison. I tell you it was one of the more proud moments I've had as a parent. It's easy to worry if you're spoiling your kids too much and I just was overwhelmed with Noah's gratitude here. He continued on with his pile and everyone watched as he opened his very own pack of cars and screamed. He said "Grandma, I never thought I was going to get cars like Drew but I got them. Do you believe it?" Obviously he doesn't get that grandma knew exactly what he got but it made me want to squeeze him with delight at how sweet he was about getting presents. Kids just come better than their parents. Isabel was the first up on Christmas morning and the spring horse caught her eye the instant I walked down the stairs. I knew it would be her favorite. Others joining that list would be her bracelets and of all things her hair brush. She probably combed my hair for two hours today. It was funny because at one point I had been sitting there for a while just looking on my phone as I sat there getting my hair brushed when I put down my phone and said "okay Bella, all done?" She hurried and bent over to grab my phone and handed it back to me saying "here" and continued brushing. She was not gentle and even began to mimicking me as she would pull it through and whenever she caught a hard snag would say "Ow, ow, ow" Noah's favorites were probably his laser tag guns, lego motorcycle, handcuffs and shrinky dinks. Scott and I kind of just did our own thing this year and I liked it that way. All in all it could not have been better. I'm just reminded of how lucky we are to have both our families nearby to love and spend time with our kids. As a parents, I've never appreciated family more. I love my family. It's just the thing that keeps me going and gives me the will to try my hardest to be the best I can be. Merry Christmas, Love Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six months old

Clark Planetarium

Disneyland